By: Eduardo Marentes
There is no doubt that classroom size is a major factor that impacts learning. With today’s trends for larger class sizes at public schools and universities, many students do not get a chance to have their questions answered in class. Tutoring is the solution to this challenge as the tutor and the student have face-to-face time so that any student who gets stuck in a question, gets the help he or she needs.
Some of benefits of being tutored in Math and Science include:
• Improved ability to solve Math and Science-based problems.
• Individualized attention to address challenges, misconceptions and mastery of material.
• Improved time management skills by having regularly scheduled tutorial sessions.
• Improved ability to complete tasks and school work.
• Increased desired to learn and succeed in school.
• Decreased anxiety.
• Improved self-esteem and confidence by completing regular learning exercises and sharpening of new skills.
• Improved academic independence by completing all task and school assignments on time and learning to prepare one’s mind and body for best learning.